We want
your input

Feedback & Ideas

Search or post a new idea

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Receive Ultra Bonus (1.06%p.a.) on all USavers not just the linked one

UBank makes it really easy to create multiple accounts for different saving goals and this is a great feature that I'd like to use. But unfortunately by doing that I'm giving up on the Ultra Bonus for all those extra accounts, which does not make sense.

So as a customer I'd like to still receive the Ultra Bonus on all accounts if I have one linked so that I can organise my saving goals in different accounts.

Currently the financial incentive for the Ultra Bonus clashes with the customer experience benefit of having multiple USavers.

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

To provide an update, at this stage the Ultra Bonus can only be applied on 1 single USaver and 1 joint USaver.

If you’re looking for additional accounts to earn great rates, you might find our Term Deposit accounts as an alternative – the best part is that it won’t impact you on earning the Ultra Bonus on your USaver Accounts.

We appreciate this isn’t the update you were hoping for, but never say never!

Thanks! ^Yasmin

2. 65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. have it then when I log on I see this less often: Sorry, ubank.com.au is temporarily unavailable but we'll be up and running again soon.

For a Bank that is totally on-line I should never see this:

Sorry, ubank.com.au is temporarily unavailable but we'll be up and running again soon.

9:30am on a weekday! I have files that you have requested to upload so talking to somebody is not going to help me. This is not the first time. I have seen this issue about 3 or 4 times in the short space that I made the decision to move to uBank. I hope it was the right idea...

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make credit/debit alerts more informative

UBank allows customers to opt-in to receive e-mail or SMS credit/debit alerts. However, these each alert only shows the transaction amount and whether it is a credit or debit transaction.

I generally find this to be insufficient information, so I often need to log in to my account in order to find out which account the transaction affected and the description of the transaction.

Can you please add the following information to these alerts?
    1. The name of the account affected.
    2. The description of the transaction.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow passwords to start with a number

Until the UBank site upgrade late last year, passwords could start with a number; now they can't. I've been advised this is a technical restriction, not a security one. Secure passwords should be able to start with a number; as long as other password requirements are met.

Also, if creating a password for the first time/changing a forgotten password on the UBank site, the conditions fail to disclose the password must start with a letter; so the password might fail the test leaving the user confused as to why. Only the 'change password' page accessible to those already successfully logged…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable sweep function

Give your customers the chance to make their own decision regarding their money. I do not appreciate the sweep function at all.
    I'd be great to choose if I want to make use of it at all or not.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kirstin,

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the sweep function. We’re always looking for feedback on how to help you achieve your savings goals, I’ve raised your thoughts with the relevant teams here. Hopefully we can give you the good news soon. ^Curtis

8. Visa

Visa Card Colour.
    Colour change option for the Visa card. Please either provide a colour option or change the colour of your Visa card as the black colour is difficult to find in my wallet as it's the same colour as the pockets/card holders interior. I am constantly searching for this card even though it is in the same place in my wallet. I am sure many customers have the very same issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Debit card and PIN codes mailing

I received at the exact same time my new debit card AND the PIN code in my mailbox.This is absolutely unacceptable.Please revise your internal process. And literally few days later I read about increased identity theft in my area which involved stealing mail.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mariya,

I’m so sorry to hear this happened to you! Thankfully no harm done in this case, but still…
    UBank sends the PIN and the card 3 days apart to try and avoid this, but sometimes they unfortunately still arrive together.
    We’re currently working on changes for the card mailing and activation process, so I’m working with our Product Team to find out exactly what’s planned and I will get back to you with more info ASAP.

Charlie

10. Bonus interest

How can I earn bonus interest plus a higher interest rate on my account? Otherwise I’ll simply transfer the balance and close my UBank accounts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. USAVER MONTHLY INTEREST ACCRUED INDICATOR

In the U Saver under for example: Account details - Interest earned show also the interest accrued per month in $ and updated daily. (showing the updated balance the next day). At the very beginning of the new month, the balance of interest earned is reset to "0" and the interest amount is then paid to your U Bank balance. Then the whole monthly cycle starts again. ING Bank uses this feature for their Maximiser Savings account and it is very handy as you can instantly see your interest earned each day during the monthly cycle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change your forms to smart forms

The process now of downloading and scanning uploading is hardly in part of a seemless Online experiance. Once you have verified my identity once the forms should be able to be digitally signed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Overseas funds transfer facility.

It would be really cool if you guys allowed for over seas bank account transfers, especially if it had the capability to convert to the required currency upon doing so!

I really hope you'll consider making this a feature! Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Funds transfer not working

I am unable to transfer my money to another savings a/c with Nab and Cba. Unable to do so and narrative states encountered an error. Not sure what the issue is. Extremely frustrated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unhappy

I recently separated..put all my savings in a UBank term deposit...I’m unable to go on my dream holiday as you won’t release $5000...absolutely gutted😔

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More ATM

More ATMs would be great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After no receiving the first pin in the mail, ridiculous you can

If you haven’t received a pin in the mail and call up for a new one, it’s pretty ridiculous you have to wait another 5 days for a pin especially when you have to access your money right away. You do all the security checks, I would expect another way to get a pin activated on my card. Technology and security is there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please introduce an Offset account linked with the UHomeLoan account

It would be great if UBank could introduce the offset account feature liked to a UHome Loan variable interest rate account, as the other major Australian banks have this feature in their home loans variable rate. Then UBank customers can also benefit from paying less interests on their home loans.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More update options

Should be able to transfer between own accounts without sms verification. I have money in my account but because I changed my number I can’t access it until I receive a code sent out in the mail. So a minimum 8days without being able to access my own money due to public holiday. Needs to be another way to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base