your input

Feedback & Ideas

Search or post a new idea

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase your interest rate

To improve, don't make changes to your website or any special services. All you need to do is raise your interest rate...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Trevor, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.
    In respect of the time you’ve taken, we’ll keep your suggestion on our “Feedback and Suggestions” – (Public Forum) to see what interest it can generate and possibly consider making these changes in the future.
    Please make sure to keep your ideas and suggestions coming! ^WP

2. That you provide some way of unsubscribing to emails to customers who no longer have an account with UBank

That you provide some way of unsubscribing to emails to customers who no longer have an account with UBank

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for raising this suggestion with us regarding correspondence; today I will confirm the reason that some information is still sent even though you may not have an active account with UBank.

For auditing purposes we will retain our customers profile details for 7 years after closing their last account, just in case you might need to login and access some previous information or ask us any questions through Secure Mail.

At times we’ll email all our customers selected information as it may be important to customers even if they do not have an account.

In particular, the email notification send on the 21st January 2016 UBank felt that all customers, (current or past), should know that we have a new look to our website and this is why you have received this particular notification.

Please consider that if you have un-subscribed to our marketing emails, you will not…

3. Urgently review your main website for tablet use. Many people only use mobile devices, but not all the functions are available in the app.

For these advanced functions, the website does not react well or even at all in some instances, particularly drop down menus and buttons are unreliable. The site should be optimized for touch operation, for both iOS and Android.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ian, as a digital bank we completely understand that our customers use many different devices to access their Internet banking.
    We appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.
    In respect of the time you’ve taken, we’ll keep your suggestion on our “Feedback and Suggestions” – (Public Forum) to see what interest it can generate and possibly consider making these changes in the future.

4. provide Transaction History (online) for five years not 12 months!

It is a little restricted to be only able to view Transaction History for the last 12 months. Most other banks allow to to go back many years and print off via pdf older statements from your Desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Children's savings account

Add a Children's savings account.
    In the name of kids (with parents as supervisors) with good interest rate to encourage savings.
    Reference: Bankwest Kids Bonus Saver Account.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability for SMSF super to buy investment property

Ability for SMSF super to buy investment property

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea. I had a chat to the product team and while they too see the benefits, due to the current property climate and recent findings from APRA, UBank won’t be looking to facilitate SMSF accounts to purchase investment properties in the near future. I can see your suggestion is popular with our other customers and we’ll certainly keep an eye on your post to see if it continues to gain momentum. I’ll also get in touch if we decide to make this change. ^WP

7. Ability to search transactions by name

I would like to be able to search transactions by name as well as dollar value.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Meredith, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.

8. Notify account holders when interest rate changes.

I see it was lowered mid November on my Usaver SMSF. I had no idea until I saw the lower interest value at the end of the month. I can't even see a notification on the UBank Facebook page.
    (and by the way, since it is now non-competitive, I will be closing this account & moving my money elsewhere).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Trevor, I’m sorry to hear that you’re moving your accounts from UBank, and would like to confirm that our decisions on interest rates are never taken lightly. We need to consider a range of factors, including our customers’ needs and the economic environment to try and strike a balance between savers and borrowers.

I appreciate your feedback regarding notifications for our rates and will pass this forward to our marketing and products team for further review. ^WP

9. search for key words in transaction history

I want to search my transaction history using both a date range, credit, and a KEY WORD. And then I want to see the total amount of those transactions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rename "Your name" to "Description sent to payee", and show this on Transaction History entries

For transfers, the "Description" and "Your name" fields would be better called "Description for myself" and "Description sent to payee". All other accounts I've seen call the description to the payee the "Description". Having it called "Your name" on UBank is terribly confusing until you get used to its quirkiness, as can be seen from some other suggestions here, where some don't realise that "Your name" can be used to set a payee description.

Also, account Transaction Histories don't currently show this description sent to the payee. This should be added. To get this info at the moment you need…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mark, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.

11. Use Extended Validation Certificate

I am surprised that Ubank does not use an EV certificate to offer the highest level of security. It also uses SHA-1 signatures that offer weak security configurations.

Please look at other financial and bank sites who offer this feature.

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExtendedValidationCertificate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nick, we also take the security of our website very seriously and I can assure you we have in place many mechanisms to make sure our customers’ banking activity is secure.
    We have also acknowledged that the latest SSL certificate is SHA-2 and we are planning an upgrade to this ASAP. In the meantime we have a number of other controls in place to keep your information safe and can assure you that our banking platform is secure. ^WP

12. Introduce a credit card.

A low (or nil!) fee card with an ongoing low interest rate.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Peter, that is a brilliant idea for a new product to add to our existing portfolio of products. I have passed on the suggestion to our Product Development team for review. Always let us know of any other great products that you may think will be suitable to us. ^SS

13. Start a "Bill Manager" account

Introduce an account that can be divided and labeled as the customer wishes. For instance, a transaction account with only Bpay, PostBillPay, Direct Debits. Attached to this, as many sub accounts as the customer wishes, which can be labeled (phone, rates, etc) as they wish. Also include a calculator in which the customer inputs the frequency if the bill, the amounts and dates due, and the dates and frequency of their income. The calculator can then display the amount which the customer should put aside to make sure they have enough money ready when tgrir bills are due.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Peter for sharing your feedback with us! These are some really interesting ideas and I’m happy to advise that I have passed these on to our Products Team. Please keep a tab on your post for updates. Thank you again, for sharing your suggestions with us. ^NL

14. Overseas funds transfer facility.

It would be really cool if you guys allowed for over seas bank account transfers, especially if it had the capability to convert to the required currency upon doing so!

I really hope you'll consider making this a feature! Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. mortgage on overview

It would be nice if the mortgage was listed with all other accounts rather than having to log into it separately. The transfers from mortgage to ultras should be instant not take up to 3 days.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Internet Banking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. This facility is on the way. For now you can see limited UHomeLoan details within your UBank login. To make loan updates however, you will still need to do an additional login to the UHomeLoan portal. We’re definitely actively working on making this as simple as possible, watch this space!^EH

16. Send an email if future dated transactions are rejected for any reason

Send an email if future dated transactions are rejected for any reason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow clients to know when they will reach zero balance on their mortgage...

Whenever I log into my mortgage balance, it would be good to see how long it will take (by listing the date) to reach zero balance, given current interest rate and repayment schedule. This use to happen when we banked with one of the Big 4 - which we were v v happy to leave and join UBank!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please offer 2 description fields on transfers

I need a meaningful reference/description on my accounts transaction history. Unfortunately the one field available "Description" isn't always suitable as the receiving end requests a particular reference.

For example, to pay rent they ask for a reference code 12345 - so I give that in the description field. However, it would be more meaningful on my statement to show the text "Rent".

Something like having:

1. Your description - appear on my transaction history ("Rent")

2. Payee description - appears on payees transaction history ("12345")

Currently, 2 fields are offered:

1. Description

2. Your name

I tested, and I can't see where 2 (Your…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Internet Banking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort biller and payee lists alphabetically by nickname

When paying bills or transferring funds, the biller and payee lists are unsorted. More helpful to have them sorted alphabetically (I notice a previous post also had this suggestion and the post was 'completed', but I don't see the functionality anywhere).
    Also if I edit a payee's details I shouldn't need to do an SMS confirmation - I'm logged on online already!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Internet Banking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion regarding the alphabetical nickname, I have passed this on and look forward to keeping you updated, please note that SMS verification is used as an additional measure of security when updating your payee account details. ^WP

20. failed payment

Send a notification if a scheduled payment fails for whatever reason

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base