your input

Feedback & Ideas

Search or post a new idea

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a 'balance' column

Suggest having a 'balance' column showing the balance after each transaction in the accounts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Internet Banking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interest and progress graph for longer than 1 yr

The interest and progress graph is very useful but it would be great if it could (optionally) show progress for periods longer than 1 year (the longer the better).
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Rebate local and overseas ATM fees

First up, fantastic work on nixing the overseas ATM and foreign currency/transaction fees. You just became my backup debit card for overseas use. :-)

Secondly, I'd love to see you guys go one step further and rebate ATM fees in Australia and overseas (like your biggest online competitors Macquarie do in Australia and ING do both in Australia and overseas). I know you can go fee-free at any of the big-4 ATMs these days but sometimes there's no other option.

And seriously, if you had that you'd be the one-card-to-rule-them-all account in Australia. High savings rate + sweep (so we…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

H i Jason,

Awesome to hear that we’re already your overseas card back-up and hopefully we can be your #1 in the near future!

We’re definitely proud that we’ve removed fees for overseas card use but we’re always looking to do a better. I’ve raised your feedback to the relevant teams so hopefully we can give you some good news in the new year. ^Curtis

4. Urgently review your main website for tablet use. Many people only use mobile devices, but not all the functions are available in the app.

For these advanced functions, the website does not react well or even at all in some instances, particularly drop down menus and buttons are unreliable. The site should be optimized for touch operation, for both iOS and Android.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Ian, as a digital bank we completely understand that our customers use many different devices to access their Internet banking.
    We appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.
    In respect of the time you’ve taken, we’ll keep your suggestion on our “Feedback and Suggestions” – (Public Forum) to see what interest it can generate and possibly consider making these changes in the future.
    Please make sure to keep your ideas and suggestions coming! ^WP

5. Rename "Your name" to "Description sent to payee", and show this on Transaction History entries

For transfers, the "Description" and "Your name" fields would be better called "Description for myself" and "Description sent to payee". All other accounts I've seen call the description to the payee the "Description". Having it called "Your name" on UBank is terribly confusing until you get used to its quirkiness, as can be seen from some other suggestions here, where some don't realise that "Your name" can be used to set a payee description.

Also, account Transaction Histories don't currently show this description sent to the payee. This should be added. To get this info at the moment you need…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Mark, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.
    In respect of the time you’ve taken, we’ll keep your suggestion on our “Feedback and Suggestions” – (Public Forum) to see what interest it can generate and possibly consider making these changes in the future.

6. Start a "Bill Manager" account

Introduce an account that can be divided and labeled as the customer wishes. For instance, a transaction account with only Bpay, PostBillPay, Direct Debits. Attached to this, as many sub accounts as the customer wishes, which can be labeled (phone, rates, etc) as they wish. Also include a calculator in which the customer inputs the frequency if the bill, the amounts and dates due, and the dates and frequency of their income. The calculator can then display the amount which the customer should put aside to make sure they have enough money ready when tgrir bills are due.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Peter for sharing your feedback with us! These are some really interesting ideas and I’m happy to advise that I have passed these on to our Products Team. Please keep a tab on your post for updates. Thank you again, for sharing your suggestions with us. ^NL

7. Allow clients to know when they will reach zero balance on their mortgage...

Whenever I log into my mortgage balance, it would be good to see how long it will take (by listing the date) to reach zero balance, given current interest rate and repayment schedule. This use to happen when we banked with one of the Big 4 - which we were v v happy to leave and join UBank!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort biller and payee lists alphabetically by nickname

When paying bills or transferring funds, the biller and payee lists are unsorted. More helpful to have them sorted alphabetically (I notice a previous post also had this suggestion and the post was 'completed', but I don't see the functionality anywhere).
    Also if I edit a payee's details I shouldn't need to do an SMS confirmation - I'm logged on online already!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Internet Banking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion regarding the alphabetical nickname, I have passed this on and look forward to keeping you updated, please note that SMS verification is used as an additional measure of security when updating your payee account details. ^WP

9. Email notification to payee on electronic funds transfer

Problem: No email notification to payee's email address for recurring/regular (e.g. monthly) electronic fund transfers.

Why it is important: Having an email notification about incoming funds transfer to the payee (i.e. person receiving the money) reassures the person that money is paid on time. All major banks have email notifications for payees. UBank should too? :-)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Austin, we have the option to SMS or email payees for individual transfers already, the request to have this for regular transfers is not too far from this. Leave it with us and I will see what can be done. Thanks ^WP

10. Amortization Schedule Calculator tool in the website

Amortization Schedule Calculator tool to allow the customers to know when can they finish the home loan

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Arya, we currently have the access to change the repayment time frame to assist with setting these type of goals. I will pass on your request to see if there is anything further we can add with regards to an amortized schedule to our calculator. Keep an eye on your suggestion for any further updates. ^WP

11. QR Code

QR Code for people to easily get bsb and account number to transfer money to you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Banking App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Goal tracker- keep image!

The goal tracker image you set is now removing itself every time I enter the app. The title stays but the background goes grey. Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile Banking App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Emma,

I’m sorry about the late reply to your feedback here.

I’ve raised your feedback and have my team looking into this. Can you advise if the image selected was part of the default images or your personal? ^Suman

13. Idea Housekeeping (Second post)

My first post was here - http://feedback.ubank.com.au/forums/36059-feedback-ideas?query=housekeeping.

Your first comment - "We are able to merge similar feedback and suggestions here, so if there are some you can see we’ve missed, please let us know! We want to make sure everyone’s vote counts."
    Mine - There are 6 different NPP/Osko/PayID ideas floating around with a total of 134 votes. These needs to be consolidated to give a true picture of how customers want this so badly. The following are links to those ideas with the correponding number of votes:
    http://feedback.ubank.com.au/forums/36059-feedback-ideas/suggestions/33366385-payid 24
    http://feedback.ubank.com.au/forums/36059-feedback-ideas/suggestions/34759639-link-my-ubank-account-to-a-payid 7
    http://feedback.ubank.com.au/forums/36059-feedback-ideas/suggestions/35194618-you-should-get-payid-for-instant-payments-to-someo 4
    http://feedback.ubank.com.au/forums/36059-feedback-ideas/suggestions/34819510-npp 1
    http://feedback.ubank.com.au/forums/36059-feedback-ideas/suggestions/33236209-sign-up-to-the-new-payments-platform 16 …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Reymund, thank you for posting your idea again. An update on our website could impact a lot of feature and functionality. Unfortunately it is not something we could update or change at the snap of our fingers. We are definitely aware that our customers would love NPP/PayID at UBank and we are working on it. However, it involves other external factors from different parties as well. Once it is available, we will make sure all our customers are notified. Thank you again for taking the time to look into our posts and votes. ^Catherine

14. Email and send a text notification to all customers when scheduled maintenance takes place

Recently, I needed to access some money urgently, however due to the Ubank scheduled maintenance, I was unable to do so, which left me in a very bad situation. When I called the support team, I was told an announcement was put on the website that scheduled maintenance was going to occur. However, how can Ubank ensure it reaches all customers with this message? There needs to be a txt message and email notification sent to all customers well in advance to ensure this people such as myself are left stuck without cash.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea, we have previously sent emails to let our customers know that we have some planned maintenance, although sending an SMS is a great additional form of notification.
    However, we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.

15. Notification centre widget

Could you please add a notification centre widget on iOS which shows the balance of all your accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate you taking the time to send through your suggestion, however we have not generated enough support from our UBank customers to place this forward for further review.

16. Notify account holders when interest rate changes.

I see it was lowered mid November on my Usaver SMSF. I had no idea until I saw the lower interest value at the end of the month. I can't even see a notification on the UBank Facebook page.
    (and by the way, since it is now non-competitive, I will be closing this account & moving my money elsewhere).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Trevor, I’m sorry to hear that you’re moving your accounts from UBank, and would like to confirm that our decisions on interest rates are never taken lightly. We need to consider a range of factors, including our customers’ needs and the economic environment to try and strike a balance between savers and borrowers.

I appreciate your feedback regarding notifications for our rates and will pass this forward to our marketing and products team for further review. ^WP

17. search for key words in transaction history

I want to search my transaction history using both a date range, credit, and a KEY WORD. And then I want to see the total amount of those transactions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Overseas funds transfer facility.

It would be really cool if you guys allowed for over seas bank account transfers, especially if it had the capability to convert to the required currency upon doing so!

I really hope you'll consider making this a feature! Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Put the SMSF under its own widget

At present the SMSF is sitting in the same widget as the main accounts. Seeing as this is a different and long term kind of account i believe it would be helpful to have it in its own widget like the home loan widget. Would that be possible? Cheers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Banking App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base