We want
your input

I suggest you ...

unable to access desktop site from mobile

There should be an option to use the desktop site from your mobile. As a default mobile is fine, but as not everything can be done from that version a quick link to the full site would be good. I want to edit a current regular transfer but can't do so on mobile site, I've tried typing www. but it keeps going back to beta site.

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kristeen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminUBank CS Team (Community Manager, UBank) responded  · 

Hi Kristeen,
Great news is that we have the option for customers to use our full desktop site on their mobiles, if you go straight to www.ubank.com.au/login this will take you to our full website.
Alternatively we’ve recently updated our IPhone app (Android version is on the horizon) which also gives you the option to update future dated payments and now personal information.
There is a menu in the bottom right hand corner or the app and the top option is for Scheduled payments. ^Emily

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shouldn't have been "something you needed to work on" in the first place. There's nothing magical about mobile browsers --- they're designed to work with sites that pre-date the smartphone. Just send the desktop site _that you already designed_ when the browser asks for it. This is not difficult, and I'm puzzled why I should trust my money to a firm that can't do something this technically simple.

• Rita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding my voice. Really need more functionality in mobile site or access to full site from mobile. I can't even view my regular transfer details, let alone edit them.

• Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well where's the access? It's been almost 2 years! Your mobile site doesn't let me do anything except look at my account. Useless

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it so difficult to log in to my account and keep getting the message my details/password are incorrect time after time. This is really not good enough for an internet Bank.

To Ubank Admin,
    It's been two years now so where is the progress?!
    This is so inconvenient to customers let alone you have Australia's worst ATM access Australia wide compared to commonwealth bank and westpac to withdraw money.
    What is the hold up?!
    Commbank does it faster and more innovative.

Guys, just add a link to desktop website please. Can't be that hard to do!!
    Limiting to mobile site limits functionality dramatically!

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's an online bank that has great benefits for customers at the end of the day. For example, savings accounts have one of the highest interest rates in Australia. Home Loans have one of the lowest interest rates. How do they do this? By limiting overheads, such as having branches and hiring staff within a bank. UBank is not suited for everyone.... As it is after all, an Online Bank.

I do agree that mobiles devices should have full desktop features, because I rarely use my laptop and IPad is much more convenient. I hope UBank can hear that we want these features.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certain mobile devices but not iphones? Arguably the most popular mobile device in use...

• Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely frustrating that I can't see a list of my scheduled transfers from my iPhone using either the ubank app or my browser!!!

Please enable full access mobile banking, or stop overiding the "use desktop" feature on mobile phones.

It is ridiculous to limit mobile acess to banking features. With smart phones these days desktops are not needed, but UBank that isnsupposed to be a forward thinking, progressive, online only bank requires you to use an archaic destop to fully manage accounts.

For someone who does not have a superfluous desktop anymore, it means going to a internet kiosk or a friends house to manage my banking. I may as well go to a branch. Oh wait, you dont have those because you are a new style bank, thats just a little bit new like all the other banks but quite as new as all the other banks who dont make you sit at a desk to do your banking.

C'mon you can do this.

Tried changing user agent and using 'request desktop site' option in various mobile browsers but still get presented with page with mobile menu in top left and only option to login is choosing option from that menu that leads to mbeta.ubank.com. Even following the "View desktop site" link doesn't help as you still end up having to login via same option.

I tried doing a transfer to a new payee but when doing via mobile site I kept getting an error about "Failed to persist fraud request." Customer service advised the mobile site and app may have issues with things like this so try the desktop site. It worked..but I had to wait till I had access to a desktop machine.

I had been considering entirely relying on ubank for all my banking now since the intro of the credit/atm card. But that will defintely be out of the question if I don't have the same access to my money on mobile like I do with other banks.

• denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there. I agree. I'm currently travelling in remote areas and have been locked out of my account - am going to have to phone my parents to log in from Sydney which is highly inconvenient!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think getting rid of the override when checking 'view desktop site' is a good idea as it will enable users to change payments when required. Currently finding it frustrating trying to change scheduled payments.

I want to access the Ubank desktop site from my tablet but it always redirects me to the mobile site which is under construction... How can I access it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base